TODAY’S TOP NEWS: 23rd AUGUST, 2022 (GPN):
1. The Union Government has launched Rashtriya Puruskar Portal to bring together all the awards of the various Ministries, Departments and agencies of the government under one platform.
2. Election Commission reiterated that submission of AADHAAR in Form 6B is voluntary. The Commission said no entry in electoral roll shall be deleted on the ground of non-submission of AADHAAR.
3. PM to visit Haryana, Punjab on Aug 24; To dedicate ‘Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre’ to the Nation at Mohali.
4. The Supreme Court has issued notice to Gujarat Government on a plea of Teesta Setalvad seeking interim bail in a case in which she was arrested for allegedly fabricating documents to frame innocent people in 2002 Gujarat riots case.
5. Union Minister of State for Textiles Darshana Jardosh inaugurated the Silk Mark Expo in New Delhi. The expo is being organised by the Silk Mark Organisation of India under Central Silk Board.
6. Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah has said that the Central govt has taken several steps for the development of naxal affected areas which substantially reduced the left wing extremist violence.
7. Heavy rain batters normal life in several parts of Odisha, Madhya Pradesh Schools closed in various districts; Also claims five lives in Uttrakhand.
8. During the 9th general body meeting of the National Fisheries Development Board, Shri Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairy, introduced the “Aqua Bazar” online market place feature in the “MatsyaSetu” mobile app.
9. *ANDHRA PRADESH* CM Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy calls on PM Modi in New Delhi. Both discusses matters ranging from the Centre compensating revenue deficit, Polavaram, NREGS and sanction for new medical colleges.
10. *ASSAM* CM Himanta Biswa Sarma said “imams and other people coming to madrassas from outside state” have to register their names on a portal. Sarma asked people to notify the police, who would conduct verification if an unknown Imam came to a village. Sarma earlier said tech-savvy foreign terrorists were threatening to turn Assam into an ‘Islamist hub.
11. *BIHAR* : Former Deputy CM Sushil Modi condemns the incident of lathi charge in Patna on the students demanding the seventh phase of teacher recruitment.
12. Railway Board has rejected the Delhi-Varanasi bullet train feasibility report in a review meeting that took place last week, officials said. They added that the high-speed train will be unable to run at 350 kmph due to the multiple curves on the route between Delhi and Varanasi
13. *CHHATTISGARH* Employees of the Chhattisgarh government went on an indefinite strike on Monday demanding that the dearness allowance (DA) be increased to 34% instead of the present 28%.
14. *KARNATAKA* High Court has said that azaan on loudspeakers does not violate the fundamental right of people of other faiths. Hearing a PIL, which claimed that the “contents of the azaan are hurting the believers of other religious faiths”, the division bench refused to order mosques to stop playing azaan on loudspeakers
15. Aligarh college students booked for pro-Pak slogans at Tiranga rally.
16. *PUNJAB* Police have increased security in Mohali in the wake of PM Narendra Modi’s visit on August 24. PM Modi will inaugurate the Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital and Research Centre at Mohali’s Mullanpur.
🤒*WHAT IS TOMATO FLU?*🤒
The tomato flu was first identified in Kerala’s Kollam district on May 6, 2022. The study said the tomato flu virus shows symptoms similar to those of Covid-19 but the virus is not related to SARS-CoV-2. Rather than a viral infection, tomato flu could be an after-effect of chikungunya or dengue fever in children.
The flu was named on the basis of the eruption of red and painful blisters throughout the body that gradually enlarge to the size of a tomato.
*WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?*
The primary symptoms observed in children with tomato flu are similar to those of chikungunya, which include high fever, rashes, and intense pain in joints. Some of its symptoms like body aches, fever and fatigue are similar to those experienced by Covid-19 patients. Other symptoms include joint swelling, nausea, diarrhoea, dehydration, joint aches and high fever. In some cases, patients also reported the development of rashes on their skin.
1. *DELHI* : CBI registers preliminary enquiry over allegations of corruption in procurement of 1,000 low-floor buses by Delhi govt.
2. Jailed separatist leader Yasin Malik has refused legal aid and reiterated his stand on appearing physically for hearings in the killing of four IAF personnel in 1990. Malik is currently in Delhi’s Tihar Jail and is attending hearings via video conference
💷 *GBP ₹94.01*
*BSE Sensex* *58,773.87 −872.28 (1.46%)*🔻
*17,490.70 −267.75 (1.51%)* 🔻
1. Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh has said that the country’s Bioeconomy will grow from 70 Billion to 150 Billion US dollars by 2025.
2. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will be on a three day visit to Nagaland from 22 Aug. She will attend the Nagaland Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Investment Conclave at Kohima scheduled.
🕺💃××× *ENTERTAINMENT* ×××
1. Tom Holland’s ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ is returning to the theatres with an extended version. Sony Pictures announced that the film will be re-released on September 2 and will feature “with all-new additional footage”, which didn’t make it in the first theatrical cut. In India, the film will release in English and Hindi.
2. The makers of Tiger Shroff-starrer ‘Screw Dheela’ have issued a statement refuting reports that claimed that the film has been shelved due to budget issues and average response to its announcement video
3. Swara Bhasker reacts to the boycott trends against Bollywood, in an exclusive chat with IndiaToday.in. She also commented on the North Vs South debate
1. The defence ministry on 22 Aug Monday approved the grant of financial powers to the armed forces for emergency procurement of indigenous weapon systems and ammunition, in the backdrop of the continuing over two-year-long military confrontation with China in eastern Ladakh
2. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to be on a three day visit to Tashkent, Uzbekistan from to attend the Annual Meeting of the Defence Ministers’ of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Member States.
3. PM Modi will officially induct ‘IAC Vikrant’ to the Indian NavyKochi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will commission the country’s first indigenously-built aircraft carrier (IAC) Vikrant on September 2
✈️*INTERNATIONAL NEWS* ××××××××××××××××××××××××
1. India and Iran emphasize on sustained collaboration to make Chabahar port instrument for regional growth.
2. India hands over 21 thousand tonnes of fertilizer to debt-ridden neighbour Sri Lanka.
3. The Asian Development Bank and the Indian Govt signs 96.3 million dollar loan agreement to provide safe drinking water & improve water supply and sanitation services in HP.
4. Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan held a bilateral meeting and co-chaired the Australia-India Education Council with his Australian counterpart Jason Clare at Western Sydney University.
5. China has announced plans to issue visas for Indian students wishing to go back to study in China, after over two years of delay due to COVID-19 restrictions. The new relaxed visa rules will come into effect from August 24 onward.
6. Nepal has awarded two power projects —West Seti Hydropower Project and Seti River Hydropower Project— to a leading Indian company nearly four years after China withdrew from the projectsIndia’s state-owned National Hydro Power Corporation Ltd (NHPC) Ltd and Investment Board Nepal signed an agreement to develop the two power projects
7. Indian philanthropist Ashish Dhawan has been named to the board of trustees of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
🌎 *WORLD NEWS* 🌍
1. Islamabad High Court granted Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan a protective bail until the 25th of August, in a terrorism case registered against him for threatening a female judge and police officers at a public rally.
2. The United States is planning to expand NATO’s presence in the Asia Pacific region using the Quad, Russia has alleged even as India has of late defended the four-nation coalition.
1. 3rd ODI: India (289/8) beat Zimbabwe (276 all-out) by 13 runs in Harare, win three-match series 3-0.
Team India opener Shubman Gill dedicated his first-ever international hundred to his father. After slamming a hundred against Zimbabwe in the third ODI.
2. Indian shuttler Lakshya sen advances to second round of Men’s Singles at BWF World Championships in Tokyo.
3. Pacer Mohammad Hasnain has been named the replacement for pacer Shaheen Afridi in Pakistan’s 15-member squad for Asia Cup 2022. Shaheen was ruled out of Asia Cup after being advised a four to six weeks rest by the medical team following an injury to his right knee ligament.
Capital : *HYDERABAD*
*Districts* : 33
*Formed* : 02 Jun 2014
*Governor*: Tamilisai Soundararajan
*CM* : K. Chandrashekar Rao (TRS)
*🥇Gold ₹51,930 @10gm 24 (Krt)*
🥈 *Silver ₹61,100@ Kg*
⛽ *Petrol ₹109.66/Ltr*
⛽ *Diesel ₹ 97.82/Ltr*
*LPG : ₹ 1,105.00 /14.2 Kg*
🇮🇳 *FACTS ABOUT INDIA* 🇮🇳
Historical accounts of Panaji date back to Kadamba King Shasthadeva, it refers to Panajim as Pahajani Khali, which mean a boat and a small creek respectively, in Sanskrit.
Another interpretation of the name is that Panji or Ponji is said to mean *the land that never gets flooded* The name was later changed to Panjim by the Portuguwhen Old Goa collapsed in the 19th century, Panjim was elevated to the status of a city on 22 March 1843 . After Liberation in 1961 it was known as Panaji.
*😀Thought of the day*
Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs . =======================
* *JOKE OF THE DAY*
Ek baar Pappu ko koi 8th floor par bulata hai. Jab vo vaha jata hai to flat ke samne likha rehta hai “Pappu April Fool” tho Pappy likhta hai “Mai tho yahan per aya hi nahi tha.’🤪😂……
*WHY CAN’T WE DRINK RAIN WATER***
Moreover, rainwater is typically not alkaline. Instead, it tends to be slightly acidic, with a pH of about 5.0–5.5. It may also be considerably more acidic than that if you’re collecting it from an environment with a lot of air pollution.
Environmental pollutants, harmful bacteria, and parasites can contaminate rainwater, and drinking it can make you sick. Boiling, filtering, and chemically treating rainwater can help make it safer for human consumption.
World Sanskrit Day, also known as Vishva-samskrita-dinam is celebrated on Shraavana Poornima, that is the full moon day of the Shraavana month in the Hindu calendar.
This is an annual event focused around the ancient language Sanskrit and is aimed to promote its revival and maintenance.
🤔 *HOW IT WORKS* ⁉ =======================
*How the Negative Photo Illusion Works. Now a days we can see few negative photos on social media with a point of concentration on its nose or eye part, if we watch it for 30 secs to 1 minute and again start blinking our eyes quickly on any white wall, we can see the colour image of that negative photo, so how this happens, what is the logic behind d this…. ⁉️**
However, you look at a large image, the tiny movements in your eyes aren’t enough to reduce overstimulation. As a result, you experience what is known as a negative afterimage. As you shift your eyes to the white side of the image, the overstimulated cells continue to send out only a weak signal, so the affected colors remain muted. However, the surrounding photoreceptors are still fresh and so they send out strong signals that are the same as if we were looking at the opposite colors. The brain then interprets these signals as the opposite colors, essentially creating a full-color image from a negative photo.
💁🏻♂ *GK TODAY*
*Limca Book** of Records is an annual reference book published in India documenting human and natural world records. The world records achieved by humans are further categorised in education, literature, agriculture, medical science, business, sports, nature, adventure, radio, and cinema with Limca book of Records rules. Limca Book of Records was first published in 1990.
*BORN TODAY* 🐣💐
Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu* (23 August 1872 – 20 May 1957) was an Indian politician and freedom fighter, chief minister of the Madras Presidency, and subsequently became the first chief minister of the new Andhra state, created by the partition of Madras State along linguistic lines.
He was also known as Andhra Kesari (Lion of Andhra).
🙏🏻 *IDIOMS & PHRASES*
Very Well – बहुत अच्छा.
*Concord* × Discord
*Concord* × Agreement
🛕 *VEDIK GYAN*
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻) =======================
Shravani Purnima i.e. Raksha Bandhan is considered to be the festival of remembrance and worship of sages and worship for their dedication. In Vedic literature it was called Shravani. On this day, before the study of Vedas in Gurukulas, Yajñopavita – sacred thread – is worn. This ceremony is called Upanayana or Upakarma Sanskar. The old Yajñopavita is also changed on this day. Priests also tie raksha-sutras to the hosts. Rishis are the original source of Sanskrit literature, hence Shravani Purnima is celebrated as Rishi Parv.
🧬 *HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES*🩺
( *Note* : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻) =======================
*ALMONDS (BADAM);HEALTH BENEFITS**
It deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients
Almonds Are High in Vitamin E, it is a family of fat-soluble antioxidants.
Almonds are one of the best foods for naturally lowering your cholesterol.
Almonds are rich in magnesium which can help lower blood pressure.
Eating a handful of almonds or drinking a glass of almond milk can keep your gastrointestinal tract moving and prevent constipation.
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF ©YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼
Your email address will not be published.
Try our free currency converter:
Copyright 2022 | Designed & Developed by Infinitum Digital Pvt. Ltd